Friday, May 16, 2014

New update to the Demo this morning, as well as a new video posted to the IndieDB page showing the infrastructure for spellcasting in the game. All graphics are placeholders, and the interface for seeing how many motes you have and what each spell will cost needs to be completely overhauled. Still, it gives a pretty good sense of how spells might be used in a race.



Also, I went through the code and replaced some rookie mistakes with much more sophisticated mistakes, which has resulted in a better framerate- which my clunky screen capture software does a very good job of hiding.






I took another stab at lightmapping in Unity, which resulted in much softer shadows and a step towards graphical goodness.

Lastly, I added some basic collision avoidance to the enemy vehicle, resulting in a whopping 70% success rate in completing a lap.

Oh, and the music, since you're asking, is a track called Artichaut by Chinese Man, who in my daydream success scenario would be hired to provide all the music for the game, as well as anything else I ever do, ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment